Welcome to the new Meet the Baron page.
Here you'll be able to click on the member links below to learn more about your fellow Barons.
Pro Brewer Scholarship
This scholarship is funded by proceeds from World of Beer Festival and other sources to provide a full tuition scholarship for the World Brewing Academy Concise Course in Brewing Technology or any one of the three two-week modules from the International Diploma in Brewing Technology Program held in Chicago.
The Concise Course in Brewing Technology is a two-week intensive program that covers every topic critical to successful brewery operations. The program is designed for brewers pursuing wider knowledge of professional brewing standards and techniques in order to advance their brewing careers as well as individuals planning to enter the brewing industry.
The International Diploma in Brewing Technology Program (also called the Associate in
Brewing Technology Program) is intended for those brewers who seek an in-depth understanding of a specific brewing discipline. This is the first part of the Master Brewer Program and consists of the following modules:
- Raw Materials & Wort Production
- Beer Production & Quality Control
- Packaging & Process Technology.
The Beer Barons of Milwaukee Pro Brewer Scholarship will be awarded on the basis of financial and technical need of both the brewer and the brewery. The final selection will be made by the Board of the Beer Barons of Milwaukee or their designees from the pool of eligible entrants.
The scholarship will be awarded to a professional brewer in the Midwest (i.e. Wisconsin,
Minnesota, Iowa, Illinois, Indiana, and Michigan) for the purpose of attending the Siebel Institute of Technology Concise Course on Brewing Technology or a comparable course covering technical brewing material. This is for brewing staff only, not management or sales/marketing staff.
The Selection Committee reserves the right to not award this scholarship. The recipient of the Scholarship will have responsibility for all other costs.
Application Procedures For The Beer Barons of Milwaukee Pro Brewer Scholarship
Scholarship: Because the goal of the Beer Barons of Milwaukee Pro Brewer Scholarship is to enhance the Wisconsin and Midwest brewing community and its capability, it is only open to residents of the aforementioned states. Applicants for the Beer Barons of Milwaukee Pro Brewer Scholarship need to complete the scholarship application below and review the requirements to attend Siebel and verify that they meet them. The requirements can be found on the Siebel Institute web site at www.siebelinstitute.com. Contact Siebel for more information
Qualifications for Scholarship:
- Must meet Siebel qualifications.
- Only people currently employed as professional brewing staff from Wisconsin, Minnesota, Illinois, Indiana, and Michigan are eligible. Brewers from Wisconsin will be given some preference but it will not automatically be awarded to a brewer from Wisconsin.
- The application below must be completed between January 1 and February 28 of each year. Application started or completed outside that timeframe will be disqualified. The recipient will be notified on or about April 1. All others will be notified shortly thereafter. All applications in the system will be deleted on or about December 31 and cannot be carried into the next year.
- Application forms started before the start date will be excluded.