Great Taste of the MidwestSM
August 9, 2014
The Great Taste of the Midwest beer festival is at Olin-Turville Park in Madison, Wisconsin. The second longest-running craft beer festival in North America, with around 150 breweries serving 600+ beers!
The Great Taste of the MidwestSM is an event that you shouldn't miss if you like Craft beers, food, and the outdoors.
The Beer Barons of Milwaukee run a bus trip to this festival.
The Beer Barons' bus trip is on for the 2014 Great Taste!
There are four pickup locations.
- 09:45 - College Ave SW Park and Ride Southwest Corner. South side of College and West of I-94.
- 10:15 - Wauwatosa - Mayfair Collection Development. US 45/W. Burleigh Lot 4061
- Take US 45 Exit 43, Burleigh St.
- Turn East onto Burleigh St.
- Left @ 113th St.
- Lot is located on the North end of the Maufair Collection Development.
- 10:45 - CTH G @ I- 94 Park & Ride (Just West of Country Springs Hotel) .
- 11:30 - Pinecone restaurant/Truck Stop, Johnson Creek (Hwy 26 & I-94).
The bus will be at each location for 15 minutes for loading with the exception of Hwy G and Pinecone where there will be NO WAIT.
The bus will arrive at the Great Taste at 12:10 providing time to eat lunch and get in line. The festival starts at 1:00.
You can bring your lawn chairs, cooler with water & food, and sun screen! Remember, you may lose half of it before you get back home. Water bottles area very good idea because there's only one or two places to get water. The last couple years with crowding it's been difficult to bring anything beyond what you can carry the whole time or a folding chair. Please remember to bring a couple dollars cash for a tip for the driver. Tickets will be distributed on the bus.
More information on the event is available at the Great Taste of the Midwest web site.
The Festival program is usually available on their web site a week or so before the festival. They also have a app for tablets and smart phones that will be released the week before. Search for Fest Buddy. It is the same developer that makes our World of Beer App.